Making NEW ISW!!!

Welcome to the forums!
Noobytoe
Jamming the Greatly Ridiculed

Making NEW ISW!!!

Post by Noobytoe » 20 Mar 2008, 19:18

Ok so id like to actually talk to Rob Illing...IM not sure about anything to do with copyright issues...but i have the intelligence in website making along with my uncle who is a retired veteran at this stuff.. I want to remake ISW pretty much the same as the original... with some modifications...

I pretty much just want to know who will support me and who will play :D

machinehr
Head Moderator

Re: Making NEW ISW!!!

Post by machinehr » 21 Mar 2008, 09:52

As far as copyright goes, Witch owns the idea for ISW, so if you wanted to make a copy of it you'd have to buy the rights from him. Which has been tried before. Last I heard, Mech had made an offer of $2000. But hey, you can go for it anyway if you like :)

If you manage that bit then I expect you'll find support. If you don't... we've been through this before on this forum, and you wouldn't get support for a game which breaks copyright...

Noobytoe

Post by Noobytoe » 21 Mar 2008, 16:26

machinehr wrote:As far as copyright goes, Witch owns the idea for ISW, so if you wanted to make a copy of it you'd have to buy the rights from him. Which has been tried before. Last I heard, Mech had made an offer of $2000. But hey, you can go for it anyway if you like :)

If you manage that bit then I expect you'll find support. If you don't... we've been through this before on this forum, and you wouldn't get support for a game which breaks copyright...
True true well i'll have to talk to witch...you know his email? i had it but lost it :D

But nother then that...money won't be a problem..im well off ATM

machinehr
Head Moderator

Post by machinehr » 22 Mar 2008, 19:38

Nah I never bothered to note it down...

Napster
Lady Yayness

Post by Napster » 24 Mar 2008, 14:55

I once spoke to witch and he said that the game was open to be used by anyone as long as credit is given and the game is kept free however if you make members start paying you would have to contact him and work out some kind of agreement as by making money using his ideas and not paying royalties would break copyright

i have his email address if you need to contact him, just ask an i'll pm him but don't expect a reply, he tends to ignore things like that
Fear my pink TUTU ^_^

Noobytoe

Post by Noobytoe » 24 Mar 2008, 17:30

Napster wrote:I once spoke to witch and he said that the game was open to be used by anyone as long as credit is given and the game is kept free however if you make members start paying you would have to contact him and work out some kind of agreement as by making money using his ideas and not paying royalties would break copyright

i have his email address if you need to contact him, just ask an i'll pm him but don't expect a reply, he tends to ignore things like that

Oh no i will make the site 100% free to use...
Money will only me involved for extra features of donations...But the playing of ISW war would be completely free just like it was :D

Napster
Lady Yayness

Post by Napster » 24 Mar 2008, 22:02

If you are adding any kind of extra feature system which will bring in money then you will have to pay royalties, unless it comes straight out your pocket you will have to pay a %
Fear my pink TUTU ^_^

Noobytoe

Post by Noobytoe » 26 Mar 2008, 13:44

Napster wrote:If you are adding any kind of extra feature system which will bring in money then you will have to pay royalties, unless it comes straight out your pocket you will have to pay a %
Thats finee

Napster
Lady Yayness

Post by Napster » 26 Mar 2008, 16:32

it might actually be an idea to get to work instead of telling people about it cause everyone says it and then doesn't do it and you will get peoples hope up and then if you fail...well you get the idea
Fear my pink TUTU ^_^

John A. Howard
Captain Jack Space
Location: Look overthere, next to that palm tree on that mountaintop. Well, see it? That's not me.

Post by John A. Howard » 26 Mar 2008, 18:19

Nappy's right there. No point in getting hopes up, it only hurts people more when the plan fails.
Whining crybabies will be used as willing target practice, and they will be happy about it.

If not, they will have a blind date with the painful end of my gun barrel.

Noobytoe

Post by Noobytoe » 26 Mar 2008, 23:30

John A. Howard wrote:Nappy's right there. No point in getting hopes up, it only hurts people more when the plan fails.
Lol I'll keep it in mind :D
Uhm im going to wait not long but a little bit to see how school goes..

Kaspar
Slah'ke Egg Basket

Post by Kaspar » 06 Apr 2008, 16:57

Noobytoe wrote:Ok so id like to actually talk to Rob Illing...IM not sure about anything to do with copyright issues...but i have the intelligence in website making along with my uncle who is a retired veteran at this stuff.. I want to remake ISW pretty much the same as the original... with some modifications...

I pretty much just want to know who will support me and who will play :D
Well, what you need to do is get WitchFinder, MrTea, Or Bob Dylan to give you the source code and you can customize and then host it on a server
Last edited by Kaspar on 02 May 2017, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

Covenant
Raggy's Pet

Post by Covenant » 07 Jul 2008, 17:18

Haha, it's kind obvious this site isnt a daily checked thing.....but Nooby, hows the game negotiation comin, ive started playin WOW, but i yearn for the days of ISW, prolly just like everyone else.

If you failed, no worries...u only dashed the hopes of a few individuals...but for others who might make this claim...please please have ur shit straight before you post and get our hopes up.

BTW sorry that my first post in the reunion forum is such a damn asshole one...but im sick of lookin for a game to replace ISW haha :(

-Cove

Tkd_Champ
Slah'ke Egg Basket

Post by Tkd_Champ » 17 Jan 2009, 03:10

Are you guys still here? I doubt you guys remember me. Anyways, anyone still in contact with john howard or churchill? Emails? Took me awhile to find this.

machinehr
Head Moderator

Post by machinehr » 17 Jan 2009, 14:06

Hey TKD :) I remember you :)

Howie is still around on Bob's forum... church stopped gaming and became a furry...