The pain

Welcome to the forums!
Lazer
Forum Noob

The pain

Post by Lazer » 24 Apr 2008, 20:34

After taking a few years off due to RL reasons (Plus finding out there ARE other games than IW), you can't imagine the shock and disapoint I feel to find that it is gone! I remember the first few days of the game, being the 7th player to subscribe and the 2nd to actually stay (Only Red was older :P), the game has a place in my heart that frankly nothing else can fill. I remember when Sol was the only system, there was only one ship and the most important thing was to take down that damned Harbinger thingy (I can't remember the name, I was 11 :)). Then the second system was released ( I DESIGNED IT! ) along with more content and slowly the game grew and grew and grew. I got moderator and started to get high stats and rank in different factions. I think the highlight of my game was getting the mental fast god-mining ship, and the worst part having it stolen a few days later!

I know there were problems with money for the server, but what happened? Is the game gone for ever, or is this only a break? I really hope it is seeing as I would say honestly that this was the first ever GOOD browser game, and I really hope it returns.

Lazer(pistol)

machinehr
Head Moderator

Re: The pain

Post by machinehr » 25 Apr 2008, 14:28

Wow that must be really bad, to not have realised it was gone :(

Yeah, unfortunately ISW is gone. It wasn't money issues that took it down in the end, it was the fact that Witch had a second child ( :D ) and didn't have enough time for the game any more.
ISW is not going to return, however Witch has said that if he finds the time he may make an ISW2 :D which is what we're all hoping for. Bob is also making a game, and many former ISW players are helping with that by doing exercises on his forums to test his formulae etc :)
Basically, stick around here and chat with us :D and if anything new happens we'll all be shouting about it on here :D

amz181
Morchedi-Wannabe

Post by amz181 » 25 Apr 2008, 17:56

yo lazer!!!! I only knew u briefly when u came to orfine but hey anyway. But i kno what you mean about ISW i really hate not being able to play, and as mach said, funds werent the problem (the users would bail the game out of the server costs anytime) but the problem was that witch didnt have the time to work on a game that had no income with a 2nd kid.
i have found the ultimate ISW Nicotine Patch

Covenant
Raggy's Pet

Post by Covenant » 07 Jul 2008, 17:26

Well, i gott ask then why didnt he just leave it up as it was...with no updates or whatever. People still wudda played even if we didnt get new things.

Im not gonna lie...when rank four ships came out with requisition required it kinda ruined the large scale rank three battles weused to have. Type-74s and Paradoxes blowing the shit out of each other :D haha.

and its good to hear from ya lazerpistol, thought u died :) man the game really changed ovr the time didnt it :) *gets hit in the face with nostalgia* My freind Braveheart quit rite around when rank fours came out and more people started playin...kinda ruined the community a bit for awhile there, right around December/January of '07, maybe?

Goddam i miss that free awesome muther-effing game

SiliconT
Forum Noob

Post by SiliconT » 19 Jul 2008, 00:42

Seems like I FINALLY found y'r hiding places eh?

Greeny
Morchedi-Wannabe

Post by Greeny » 07 Aug 2008, 12:59

There are games other than ISW? Damn it! I have just been sitting here for a year and a half just twidling my thumbs and waiting for ISW2. :lol:

amz181
Morchedi-Wannabe

Post by amz181 » 01 Oct 2008, 22:46

Greeny wrote:There are games other than ISW? Damn it! I have just been sitting here for a year and a half just twidling my thumbs and waiting for ISW2. :lol:
ive been unsuccesfully trying to twiddle my thumbs. But its not happening :'(
i have found the ultimate ISW Nicotine Patch